Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Introduction

So welcome all to my Filmmaking For Noobs blog. Let me first introduce myself. My name's Basilios Mulder, I've graduated as a computer graphics artist in Amsterdam, and have worked on severel low-budget film productions. I'm also currently working on my own filmproduction, which I hope to finish in the next couple of years. Besided that I'm an avid filmcritic, I also consume every little bit of info, behind the scenes documentaries, audio commentaries and technological updates in the film and vissual effects industry.

In this blog I'll regularly do posts about filmmaking. From concept to final product, from the technical side to the creative side. I'll try to cover as much about every subject as possible, but would also like to envite people to send in their own questions. So if you have any questions regarding filmmaking, please feel free to send them to me, and I'll try to answer them as well as I can.

The reason why I started this blog, is because I felt there are so many people out there trying to make their own film, and so many people giving tips and suggestions, that's it's hard for a beginning or amateur filmmaker to find the right information. That's either because sometimes the information is incorrect, sometimes it's incomplete or sometimes it's just too technical to understand for people who are just starting.
Now I'm not someone who's claiming he knows everything about filmmaking, but I think I'm pretty safe to say that I know most things, both on the creative side of filmmaking and on the technical side of filmmaking. And even I'm still learning. Because that's the great thing about filmmaking, you'll never stop learning, and you'll never stop evolving.

So stay tuned for the next post!

Greetings,

Basilios Mulder

No comments:

Post a Comment